Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Brunch // Shredded Potato and Ham

Sometimes, if you think too much about the visual presentation and plating of the dish, you may be inclined to cut down on the portion of the dish or forget about daily nutritions we need. However, I refuse to cut down on the portion for the sake of how it looks. Without compromising the portion, I made breakfast today with poached eggs, butter toasted bread, salad, shredded potatoes and ham.
Today is my third day of making my own poached eggs. The first time I made poached eggs, I did it as I was told- putting salt and vinegar in the boiling water. It is meant to solidify the eggs but I found out it is not really necessary to put those things in. The second time I made it, I swirled the water around before sliding in my eggs. The water got a bit cloudy and messy as the egg white that has not yet set was swirling around along with the swirling water. The result was not bad. And today, I didn't do any of the things that I did in the previous days. I just waited for 4 minutes after putting in the eggs. No swirling, no salt and vinegar. And voila, it is just as perfectly poached as it should be. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment